Friday, June 26

Lucky

Limetree 1

Limetree 2

Limetree 3
Wearing: Urban Outfitters Kimchi & Blue floral dress, Nine West knee highs, Forever 21 boots

Yesterday, the closing pool staff and I shared a combo pizza and a chocolate mousse sheet cake from Costco for no reason other than to celebrate our love for food and Costco (and food from Costco). W was nice enough to pick up the food along with a few frosting pens for us to decorate our cake. It was so perfect that I didn't even mind that my pants were wet as a result of sitting in a puddle. Hey, it happens when you work at a pool.

I know I say "I love my job" a bit too much, but really, I can't get enough of the pool. It feels weird to wake up excited about going to work every morning, but I'm not complaining. I'm really lucky to be getting paid to do something I love.

Now let us have a moment of silence to commemorate my social life. Since getting back from college, I haven't even called the friends I promised to hang out with this summer. I feel like a bad friend, but after getting off an 8 hour shift at the pool, all I want to do is go home, eat, and sleep. Then rinse, repeat...

On a brighter note, my GPA is close to 3.0 for this past quarter! I never would have excepted to ace my math class. I either mastered all of probability in the last week of class or got really lucky on the final. I like to think it was the former. As for my organic chemistry and life science classes, I'm just happy I passed. Taking those two together was such a mistake. I should probably start looking into classes to take next quarter as enrollment begins next week. Yikes!

3 comments:

Andy said...

yay for being close to a 3.0

also limetree was pretty good.

the fact that you know where everything youre wearing is from is interesting. I dont think i could do that.

Lydia O'Connor said...

Those boots...amazing.
And I also feel bad for not connecting up with friends this summer! It's so hard to get up and do stuff sometimes haha.

Lydia O'Connor said...

The jacket's from Clobba in the Castro but there's one on Haight too. The Castro one is less frequented and probably has more stuff in stock though! And the brand is Paper Doll Clothing. Be warned that it kinda feels like plastic though :(