Saturday, October 10

Someone dress me, please.

3rd Street

dinosaurs
Wearing: Gap cardigan, random tank with Japanese girls and pagodas from Hawaii, Hudson jeans, Minnetonka moccasins, favorite bag

I spent today in Santa Monica with TJ. I love her. We thrifted at Goodwill, where I found my Halloween costume! I don't particularly like Halloween, but my friends and I plan to go to Knott's Scary Farm, so I was in need of a costume. Plus, Halloween is on a Saturday this year. Now I'm completely serious when I ask, what is there to do besides party? Anyway, after Goodwill, TJ and I headed over to Crossroads before we hit Third Street Promenade. We stopped at Urban Outfitters and Forever 21, but surprisingly came out empty-handed. I did, however, come out with the ghastly hat-glasses-scarf picture seen above.

Once again, I find myself quite lost stylistically. I'm still liking the dress-and-boots look, and I love that its simple enough for me to put together in my groggy morning state. I'm also in love with unexpected feminine details like ruffles or lace, but other than that, I don't know what to do with myself. I'm mostly having trouble dressing myself now that the weather is cooling down. Not that I'm complaining or anything... I love this weather, but what do you wear when it's too cold for skirts but too hot for jeans?

4 comments:

Shelby said...

tights!

angie said...

bust out the crops! ^__^

I love bermuda shorts and rolled up crops.. .but thats just me :P

And I second Yellow. TIGHTS WOULD BE WONDERFUL. Or tights under your dresses, with your boots :D

T.J. said...

nay to hats that look like flamboyant purses and yay to tights! and dresses and cardigans and fringe purses on melinda.

Anonymous said...

HAHA DID YOU REALLY BUY?

Where's the cornhusk?