Happy new year! On the last night of 2008, I went on my first blind date. This is what I wore (under a peacoat that's not pictured):
dress: Forever 21
tights: BP, Nordstrom
patent leather t-straps: Nine West
perfume: DKNY Be Delicious
As far as dates go, this one was pretty awesome. Before we even spoke, he had already scored bonus points for:
- arriving at S's house before me (even though I was early)
- wearing a navy blue velvet blazer
- bringing me a daisy
Since we had already eaten dinner, he took me to a dessert place somewhere in Millbrae. Over dessert, we traded stories, gave opinions on various chick flicks, and discussed our new year's resolutions. When we finished, he took me to a friend's house, where we danced and watched the countdown to 2009.
At the end of our date, we decided we'd remain just friends, but along the way, he did score some more points for:
- having a Jonas Brothers CD in his car
- singing "Womanizer" with me when it came up on the radio
- not touching me inappropriately
- keeping his eyes on my face
- consistently asking me if I was cold (Yes, it was freezing!)
- remaining sober all night
So that's it - my first blind date. What happened at midnight? ...I'm not one to kiss and tell!
Melinda's New Year Resolutions
1. School, as usual, is at the top of the list. This year, my priorities are to ace chemistry and to procrastinate less (i.e. no more last-minute essay writing).
2. Get a job. This one is pretty self-explanatory. I need to start saving up if I ever want to study abroad, which I do.
3. Keep in touch with family. Since I've moved to school, I've realize how important it is to call my family - parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles. I don't like feeling separated from the family that raised me, and I'm determined to stay close to them.