Monday, February 23

sleep deprivation

A.Lo came over last night to help P with her math homework, and to help H and me study for our midterm. When we finished, he decided it was too late for him to walk back to his dorm, so he spent the night in my room. We stayed up playing guitar and doing other randoms until 4am.

I took my math midterm this morning on four hours of sleep. I can only say that I'm glad I did well on my first midterm because this one was total and complete crap. I was so angry because I had studied and understood all of the concepts covered on the exam, but couldn't apply them because the equations were given in ways that were meant to confuse unsuspecting students like myself. Le sigh.

I got back to my dorm and was too irritated to nap, so I retreated to the lounge with Lappie and my new guitar, White Horse (I think she needs an alias..."White Horse" just doesn't roll off the tongue). As of right now, I mastered memorized can play Green Day's "Good Riddance" and Howie Day's "Collide." I spent an hour and a half in the lounge fuming playing guitar and finally got over this morning's exam. Now I'm calm, shleepy, and ready for that nap, but it's time to go to chemistry. FML.

2 comments:

Lydia O'Connor said...

Phwoooow guitar-playing?! I am obsessed with learning songs on my ukulele. I've recently perfected "She Will be Loved" and "New Soul."
And gaaaaaah looming college-osity is killing me but thanks for your supportive comments. It sounds like you're having the time of your life at LA.
and MAN OH MAN was "he's just not that into you" a massive letdown or what? All the women made me so angry!

Lydia O'Connor said...

And oh my belt you asked about is a nameless brand thing picked up at Crossroads!