Sunday, February 1

time?

I'm currently strolling down nostalgia lane listening to "Born to Make You Happy" by Britney Spears and "The One" by Backstreet Boys. How good was life before high school? Oh, how I miss those carefree days of uniforms, bagged lunches, and lining up by gender.

Today is February 1st. In two days, I turn nineteen. In a year and two days, I turn twenty (MY GOD, THAT IS A BIG NUMBER). How did this happen? Where did the time go? Just last night, Mommy tucked me into bed and kissed me goodnight, and somehow, this morning, I woke up in the upper bunk of a college dorm.

Throughout high school, I was afraid to take too many chances. I was afraid to let my guard down and face rejection or failure. Only in senior year, when I realized that time was running out and I really didn't care what my classmates thought of me anymore, did I take my mask off and really enjoy myself.

Over the summer, I promised myself that I would be a different person in college. I would be honest about my emotions and unafraid of judgment.

But now that I'm here, I find myself as the scared little freshman again. When will I find the courage to to take a chance on something that could change me forever? Soon, I hope. College, like high school, won't last forever.



I want to find the kind of love worth singing about.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

looooove mamma mia, it gives me the gigglies

Anonymous said...

MAMMA MIA!!! =D
AND OMGGOSHHH how we alwaysssss spend yours or my birthdays together with our familiess =)
i miss yuo soo much anddd first birthday with no you and no meeeeee =(
19..oh jeez. do u feel 19? i wont. xD haha love you hun<3