Tuesday, September 23

Bruin Pride

Having gotten out of class early this morning, I decided to observe the campus on my walk back to the dorm. I paid extra attention to the neatly trimmed hedges and small spots of shade under our massive trees. The sky was clear blue this morning, and at 10am, a nice breeze was still blowing. There's something about this place that makes it so likable - so warm and homey. Most people here actually care what they look like in the morning, so I feel the push to try just a little harder to look composed every day. I'm glad our campus isn't stuck in the school-sweatshirt-and-denim rut. There isn't much I can say about bruin pride. The school pride here is one of the big things that initially drew me to UCLA, and it's something that makes this huge school feel just a bit smaller.

I've been spending a lot of time with Palina since moving in. One morning, we got up early to run the campus and find our classes. Though we got a bit disoriented, we managed to find everything just before lunch. After showering and eating, we spent the afternoon shopping (our favorite pastime) in Westwood. Needless to say, I bought a few things.



The plain white v-neck by American Apparel. (photo taken off their website)



Yet another pair of Blowfish flats. These are purple(!) and feature a ruched toe.

We also stopped by Ahhhs and I bought a Hello Kitty box for my makeup that matches my Hello Kitty jewelry box. :)

I've also been hanging around Lowell people a lot. I mean, I have made other friends, but I spend a lot of my time with the ones I graduated high school with. We've been chilling, playing pool and ping pong, watching all the season premieres on Connie's TV. Maybe I should start branching out to other people - like the cute boy sitting next to me in my GE Cluster discussion.

So, I have a few adventures planned for the near future. Today, I'm going swimming with a few girls for the first time at Sunset Canyon. I've heard the place kind of feels like camp, so I'm excited to see it. Tomorrow, I'm going to see the football game against Fresno with a gallon of sunscreen, my blue and gold gear (and maybe even body paint!). I'll also be seeing LA by bus as an assignment for my LA Cluster class. My friend and I decided that we'll take the bus to Santa Monica and shop. Connie and I have yet to set a date, but star searching in Beverly Hills (and Hollywood, possibly Bel Air) is definitely in the plans.

Yesterday, I bought a fitness pass at the John Wooden Center and decided to put it to good use by participating in a core workout (kind of a buttbuster-type class). I engaged what felt like every single muscle in my body, and as a result, I woke up this morning sore from my biceps down to my quads. What I need now is a good friend majoring in massage therapy with a lot of free time.

I had planned on napping as soon as I got back to the dorm, but Blogger distracted me yet again. I'm so tired from going to sleep late and waking up early, but I feel like it's all worth it. I'm happy tired.

And this is what I wore today. (pictures taken in the dorm)





v-neck tee: American Apparel
skirt: Gap
fringed boots: Steve Madden
shiny necklace(!): Crossroads

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss you. come to sd where we can engage in hours of sexy time. haha.

the guys here are HURTTT. fucking butt ugly...so sad.

Anonymous said...

I dunno if floob showed you this yet, but you were on tv. Margaret Cho Day.

Liz said...

I can't see your necklace very well, but it looks hot and shiny.