Tuesday, September 16

Word Wars

Shelbs vs. Mels & Kray Kray --- Shelbs wins, and here's the proof:

o·paque [oh-peyk] –adjective
1.not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through.

trans·lu·cent [trans-loo-suhnt, tranz-] –adjective
1.permitting light to pass through but diffusing it so that persons, objects, etc., on the opposite side are not clearly visible

trans·par·ent [trans-pair-uhnt, -par-] –adjective
1.having the property of transmitting rays of light through its substance so that bodies situated beyond or behind can be distinctly seen.

In my defense, though, I just bought a pair of supposedly opaque tights two days ago, and they're a bit see through (not too much, just the right amount of transparency). I'd say they're more translucent than opaque. Note: the above-mentioned pair of tights are not the ones seen in the pictures below.

Here are the boots that scream, "NOTICE ME!" I get complements on them every single time they come out with me.



[jumping fringe!!]



sweatshirt: Fishbowl, Nordstrom
skirt: Xhiliration, Target
tights: Leggs, Rite Aid
boots: Steve Madden
belt: thrifted, Crossroads

My day was, as Rhea would say, pretty amazing. Rhea, Shelby, and I started out making a variety of purchases at Crossroads AGAIN. I was extremely excited to find a v-neck tee with graphics featuring the Great Wall and cherry blossoms, a denim mini with a built-in slip, and my favorite: a vintage raspberry-colored leather purse with a tiny flower cutout on the flap (a very "Melinda" detail). We then went on a "culinary adventure" around SF. We shared a super burrito at Azteca, single-scoop cones at Bi-Rite, and a lemon tart at Tartine. Yum!

On my way home, I stopped by Target to pick up some things for the dorm. My purchases included: a first-aid kit, Hello Kitty Band Aids, an eyeliner pencil sharpener, socks with little rainbows on them (on sale for $1!), and a grey boyfriend cardigan. The boyfriend cardigan was a pleasant surprise because they had run out of that color when I was there buying my black one earlier, but a more pleasant surprise was seeing Diana Yu and her mother also shopping for the dorm. I seem to be repeating this a lot lately, but...What a small world.

And a closing note just because I need to get this off my chest...About the boy who keeps calling, I can't say that I'm fine with everything he's been telling me. What he doesn't know is that, behind my cool exterior, I'm freaking out inside. I'm completely speechless and he mistakenly believes that my silence is a good sign...

3 comments:

Shelby said...

jumping fringe or jumping binge? hmmm

Anonymous said...

I feel ridiculously out of the loop. I feel like I'm reading about a completely different person. But I guess that tends to happen when you live off the grid.

Anonymous said...

mel i didnt know you blogged!