Wednesday, December 24

I heart boys who sparkle!

So S and I walked into Hot Topic today and found a small bottle of roll-on body glitter priced at $10. It's selling point? It'll make your boyfriend shimmer like Edward Cullen in sunlight! No lie - it was the last bottle on the shelf. Apparently, shiny vampire boyfriends are a hot commodity these days.

While we were shopping, S and I discussed the concept of Santa Claus. I told her that my parents never tried to convince me Santa existed. They would just present me with a gift every Christmas morning and I would be grateful to my parents, not to some jolly old man who sneaks into people's houses via chimney in the dead of night and leaves presents in exchange for milk and cookies. I'm not a Scrooge or a cynic, I just find the idea of Santa Claus a little strange. Why can't we just celebrate the holidays with family, the way it's meant to be, and leave the old man out of it? Anyways, when I opened my Firefox browser earlier, instead of displaying my iGoogle homepage, it displayed Yahoo.com, which featured a story of the military tracking Santa's sleigh ride around the world (for the non-believers).

Twas the night before Christmas, and what have I to do? Gotta clean my room and vacuum in preparation for my cousins, aunt, uncle, and grandparents' visit tomorrow morning. So good night, sleep tight, and pass on my hello to Santa if you catch him in your chimney!

No comments: